Friday 15 July 2011

Waterstone's Picture This

A little while ago I entered the Waterstone's Picture This competition to illustrate a version of Beauty and the Beast written by Michael Morpurgo. I'd just about given up hope of ever getting anywhere with this and was feeling pretty dismal about the work when this evening I got a phone call which sent me scrabbling about to find my phone and alas I failed to locate it in time despite it's disembodied ringing. When I eventually stumbled upon it I found I had a voice mail telling me I'd been shortlisted as one of the final six. Woo! I'm now in an illustrative duel to the death (okay possibly not quite to the death) with 5 other hopefuls for a 6k contract with HarperCollins. I'd better go and sharpen my pencils. 

In celebration here's a couple of images from my entry for your viewing pleasure.






1 comment:

  1. love love love your illustrations Elys! Keep on the good work!
    Been looking through your blog, loving all the children stories!

    ReplyDelete